First, a picture is worth a thousand words. Refer to the following user-created video for a quick walkthrough of the steps detailed below.
You can easily route MIDI messages from the MPC Renaissance or Studio hardware to other Pro Tools Instrument tracks that are not running the MPC plugin. To do this, perform the following:
- Create an Instrument track in Pro Tools, and launch the MPC plugin on it.
- In the MPC plugin, select a track, and set the INSTRUMENT option to Midi. Then set the MIDI PORT to A - DAW.
- In the MPC Plugin, under Preferences > MIDI > MIDI Mapping, set each Output Port to DAW.
- In Pro Tools, create a second instrument track. Add the plugin of your choice to this second track.
- Set the Input of the second instrument track to Predefined > MPC Renaissance, MPC Port 1 > channel-1. You can use other channel (1-16) as needed.